ANERT is designated as the State Agency for Renewable Purchase Obligations (RPO) and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) in Kerala.
Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) mandates that all electricity distribution licensees should purchase or produce a minimum specified quantity of their requirements from Renewable Energy Sources. This is as per the Indian Electricity Act, 2003. The State Electricity Regulatory Commissions fix the minimum RPO for the State. The Kerala State Electricity Regulatory Commission (KSERC) has notified a total RPO of 3% in 2010. Of this, 2.75% is to be met from non-solar sources and 0.25% from solar energy. The RPO increases by 10% of 3% every year, up to a maximum of 10%.
- RPO Data (provisional - reported to the Commission) for the 9 electricity distribution licensees in Kerala for the period 2010 to 2015
- KSERC (Renewable Energy) Regulation, 2015 (no. 442/CT/2015/KSERC dated 11-Nov-2015 )
- Order extending term of state agency for the period up to 30.09.2017 (no. 1429/CT/2010/KSERC dated 26.10.2016 )
- KSERC regulation related to RPO, No. 1517/CT/2010/KSERC dated 23-Nov-2010 (local copy - repealed)
- Order extending term of state agency during the period from 01.10.2014 to 30.09.2015 (no. 1429/CT/2010/KSERC dated 09.02.2015)
- Order extending term of state agency during the period from 01.10.2013 to 30.09.2014 (no. 1429/CT/2010/KSERC dated 18.10.2013)
- Order extending term of state agency during 2012-13 (no. 1429/CT/2010/KSERC dated 12.04.2012)
- Order extending term of state agency
- Order designating ANERT as state agency, No. 1429/CT/KSERC/State Agency/2010 dated 3-Dec-2010alt (local copy )